The SAFED course is considered as a baseline for the development of driver skills and knowledge specifically in the area of road safety and fuel efficiency.
• Reducing vehicle accidents and incidents
• Improved road safety
• Improved driving standards
• Reduce vehicle operating costs
• Drivers responsibilities
• Vehicle checks
• VOSA guide to road worthiness and graduated fixed penalties
• Candidate 1st drive and 1 driver analysis
• Candidate 2nd drive with instructor input
• 2nd drive analysis
• Underpinning knowledge test
This course is CPC approved (JAUPT; CRS4083/1158) and counts as 7 hours of the required 35 hours periodic training for LGV drivers.